Interior Sill Scuff Plates

8T4Z-78132A08-AB will get you there.. The actual part number is on the invoice which i will not have access to until later this week.

A description plus the number provided will work. FYI - You won't get much of a better deal then $170 on Ford Accessories.

I'm in the Auto business and get deep discounts (usually at dealer cost) however Accessories are priced differently then replacement parts.

These illuminated trim panels are identical to the OE's with the addition of fiber optic's.

Will post invoice part number for the black scuff panels later in the week if still necessary.

Gary F

I only paid $153.00 for the Ford ones from an online ford parts dealer.

www.forddirectonline.com

thanks.

I have tried to find stuff there before, but their site is (1) cryptic and (2) their search rarely gets hits

try to search derivations of "Door Sill Plates" or part numbers and you get 0 results. try to use that crummy drill down expanding tree navigation... good luck. hard too even determine what "category" these go in. try front door > interior trim > door trim panel... 0

heck, maybe they just removed them, or I am being a tard, but even if so, they make it hard to find stuff and many of the ford auto places use that same navi structure.

thanks.

I have tried to find stuff there before, but their site is (1) cryptic and (2) their search rarely gets hits

try to search derivations of "Door Sill Plates" or part numbers and you get 0 results. try to use that crummy drill down expanding tree navigation... good luck. hard too even determine what "category" these go in. try front door > interior trim > door trim panel... 0

heck, maybe they just removed them, or I am being a tard, but even if so, they make it hard to find stuff and many of the ford auto places use that same navi structure.

Just do a search for factory part # 8T4Z-78132A08-AB and choose Ford and it will come up.

• 1 month later...
I wonder if the sill light color will change along with the interiors ambient lighting selection?

No, they don't. Would be cool if they did.

Mine came with on the Limited and didn't notice if it was a dealer add on or factory option. Need to double check my window sticked..

Edited by 45auto

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I just installed the illuminated sill plate kit on our 2008 Ford Edge today. They replace the stock sill plates. The thing I did not like was that when you remove the sill plates from the vehicle their are two tabs that break off so you can't reuse them if you want to change them back. I think this was a design ford did, it even shows a picture of a trash can in the instructions so they know you can't reuse them. It's a nice upgrade a little pricey though, about $150 and wires into the door light wiring so when you open the doors they illuminate.

I agree that the illuminated sill plates are a nice touch. I wish that ford had included these as standard. I first saw them on a 2010 Ford Mustang that I rented which had only 6 miles on it. That was a fun car to have for a week. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had seen any aftermarket illuminated sill plates where you could get custom lettering. I'm thinking it'd be cool to put your last name on the illuminated sill plate.

• 1 month later...