2010 Ford Edge 5x5 chime every thirty minutes

i just took my car out and did an experiment to test my theory. i drove away with my seatbelt off. the warning "bings" sounded i put my seatbelt on and they stopped. then a block away from home, i undid my seatbelt again. the warning light did not come on which i find to be strange. i didn't want to drive longer without my seatbelt so see when it would start warning me again.

so my guess, and it's a wild guess, is that your car thinks that your seatbelt is not attached.

when you start your car, do you see the seatbelt icon lit up? does it go off when you buckle up?

i'm wondering if when you start hearing those 5x5 chimes, if you quickly unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt, the warning will stop. that's what i would investigate and i'm assuming that you wear your seatbelt.

17 hours ago, ben senise said:

i just took my car out and did an experiment to test my theory. i drove away with my seatbelt off. the warning "bings" sounded i put my seatbelt on and they stopped. then a block away from home, i undid my seatbelt again. the warning light did not come on which i find to be strange. i didn't want to drive longer without my seatbelt so see when it would start warning me again.

so my guess, and it's a wild guess, is that your car thinks that your seatbelt is not attached.

when you start your car, do you see the seatbelt icon lit up? does it go off when you buckle up?

i'm wondering if when you start hearing those 5x5 chimes, if you quickly unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt, the warning will stop. that's what i would investigate and i'm assuming that you wear your seatbelt.

The seatbelt minder is programmed to not come on again if you unbuckle it after you start driving.  So that's not a good test.

In the past I've seen a similar type of alert if the cluster wasn't programmed to the vehicle correctly.  Chances are some kind of code is being stored - might be time for a trip to the dealer.