Little clunking noise at low speed and on and off when braking or accelerating

kevman991

Hi guys , I noticed that a lot of you guys have had this mysterious sound in front of your trucks and that nobody can't find,  well  I doug in deep this afternoon and found the problem for most of your mysterious aggravating sound in front cradle: if you have the original lower control arm ( because Ford has a new upgraded one now) the soldering around the bracket of your links bars on the control arm rusts , breaks , separate and makes an aggravating clunking sound at low speed!! See pic , so just have to purchase and install the new upgraded one and no more noise or whatever sounds in the front of your Edge!!

20190614_183303.jpg

20190614_183317.jpg

Edited by kevman991
Correction
  • Like 2

I also live in a rust-belt but haven't had a weld problem like your pics show.   That's serious  rust ya got there and is the reason I keep mine under-coated.  I did have both sway bar links go bad and replace them with Moogs.  My Edge is also a 2011 with around 100,000 miles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 8:54 AM, fishx65 said:

I also live in a rust-belt but haven't had a weld problem like your pics show.   That's serious  rust ya got there and is the reason I keep mine under-coated.  I did have both sway bar links go bad and replace them with Moogs.  My Edge is also a 2011 with around 100,000 miles.

Yeah! Québec  is nasty ? I got mine anti-rust grease , not oil, I just did not do the tables..I got 164km??