2014 Edge new front pads and rotors.

After getting new wheels and tires on our (Wife's) 2014 Edge with around 38,000 miles I noticed the brakes had a bad vibration when stopping harder than normal. I hardly ever drive the Edge, I asked her how long have the brakes been doing this? She said quiet a while. She thought it was the almost worn out tires and never told me about it. Yesterday I went down to my local parts store and bought new rotors and pads for the front. I started to buy Motorcraft rotors but mine warped at 2,000 miles on my Mustang and now our Edge at 38,000 so I don't trust the factory OEM rotors. The rotors I bought have a 2 year warranty and the pads have a life time warranty. So, $225 and 2 hours later I installed them yesterday morning. They feel nice and smooth now. No more vibration while braking  :)

5 hours ago, David Young said:

After getting new wheels and tires on our (Wife's) 2014 Edge with around 38,000 miles I noticed the brakes had a bad vibration when stopping harder than normal. I hardly ever drive the Edge, I asked her how long have the brakes been doing this? She said quiet a while. She thought it was the almost worn out tires and never told me about it. Yesterday I went down to my local parts store and bought new rotors and pads for the front. I started to buy Motorcraft rotors but mine warped at 2,000 miles on my Mustang and now our Edge at 38,000 so I don't trust the factory OEM rotors. The rotors I bought have a 2 year warranty and the pads have a life time warranty. So, $225 and 2 hours later I installed them yesterday morning. They feel nice and smooth now. No more vibration while braking  :)

What rotors and pads did you get?

I got these for $170 :

https://www.jegs.com/i/Power-Stop/419/K7143/10002/-1

1-click-front-vented-brake-kit_1.jpg

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 1:10 PM, 1004ron said:

What rotors and pads did you get?

I got these for $170 :

https://www.jegs.com/i/Power-Stop/419/K7143/10002/-1

1-click-front-vented-brake-kit_1.jpg

I just put on Power Stop drilled and slotted on my 2011 Mustang last week, bought from American Muscle. My wife didn't want those kind :(. They were the regular looking rotors with a 2 year warranty and low dust pads with a life time warranty.