Transmission

hamman

My 2007 Edge FWD will not shift into 6th gear until speed reaches around 60 MPH. (under slow Acceleration).

This occurs after vehicle has been driven for 20 minutes or so in hot weather and then parked for a while and then back onto highway again. (always hot in SW Florida).

The dealers diagnostic test showed no error codes, therefor no problem even tho tech witnessed problem.

The tech called the Ford hotline and they claimed this was normal.

Anyone in the forum having this problem?

What is the mileage on your edge?

A fluid change is good preventive maintenance and it will be interesting to hear if you notice a change.

As far as it being "normal" thats crap. Based on your description it doesn't sound like the delay happens if you jump on the gas so it might have something to do with the "learned" behaviour of the tranny. I would think the shift point is based on rpm or fluid pressure so I don't really understand how that one set of conditions is impacting your performance.

keep us updated !

What is the mileage on your edge?

A fluid change is good preventive maintenance and it will be interesting to hear if you notice a change.

As far as it being "normal" thats crap. Based on your description it doesn't sound like the delay happens if you jump on the gas so it might have something to do with the "learned" behaviour of the tranny. I would think the shift point is based on rpm or fluid pressure so I don't really understand how that one set of conditions is impacting your performance.

keep us updated !

My Edge has just under 11,000 miles and to early for transmission oilchange.

The problem appears to be tempurature related. It is more noticeable when temp is 90 or more.

The dealer tried to set the tranny "learn" feature back to default but it had no luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Ours was doing the same thing but it happened all winter. So far this summer since I pulled the battery cable and let it sit. It seems to be fine .

I'd be driving along at a constant speed and after 10 or so miles I'd notice the RPM's are high. It stays at that state, flat freeway, cruise on or off often for quite a while. Then all of a sudden it flares and then the RPM's drop. The dealer of course could not see a code so it must not be so. I was thinking that it may be something with the lock up converter. Went from consistently to never since the reset.

I also had a jump in mileage.

Ours was doing the same thing but it happened all winter. So far this summer since I pulled the battery cable and let it sit. It seems to be fine .

I'd be driving along at a constant speed and after 10 or so miles I'd notice the RPM's are high. It stays at that state, flat freeway, cruise on or off often for quite a while. Then all of a sudden it flares and then the RPM's drop. The dealer of course could not see a code so it must not be so. I was thinking that it may be something with the lock up converter. Went from consistently to never since the reset.

I also had a jump in mileage.

Was it a jump UP or DOWN in mileage?