Installed dash kit: Birdseye Maple

I received the dash kit from Edashkit last week and found some time to install it on Sunday. EdashKit It took about an hour to install it. I had ordered the Birdseye Maple. There are a few notes on the install:

1. The 3M promoter stick is not needed. I had used it on the center console which created some problems. When it comes in contact with the adhesive on the rear of the trim ... it sticks like crazy!!! It is hard to remove to re position the trim piece. I would leave out this step as the trim pieces are on with no chance of peeling off.

2. Get more cleaning swabs. The kit does not have enough.

Overall I am happy with the kit. just wish the colour was a bit lighter ... but it does "finish" off the interior. Seems this was what I felt that was missing.

post-3198-1217383283_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1217383270_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1217383313_thumb.jpg

I agree that this does look nice. I too am not big on the wood look, but it does class up the interior look of the Edge. I really like that the kit covers up the silver finish on the ac vents. The glare off these vents are really noticable at times for me. I noticed that their website offers other finishes besides wood. Maybe something to consider later. For me, the steeda cold air kit is the first major mod, then custom exhuast, then custom tune.

• 1 month later...
Lex ... thanks!

This is what the Edge needs to complete it as far as I see. It is not going overboard.

Jaak,

Looks good and tastefully done. I would like to do this only around the shifter and power port. The steering wheel is a nice touch too.

Are these covers replacement parts? If not, are they removable w/o damage to the original trim? I'm asking just in case the next owner wants the "stock" look.

Thanks Much, Sanche

• 2 weeks later...
Jaak,

Looks good and tastefully done. I would like to do this only around the shifter and power port. The steering wheel is a nice touch too.

Are these covers replacement parts? If not, are they removable w/o damage to the original trim? I'm asking just in case the next owner wants the "stock" look.

Thanks Much, Sanche

In a nutshell, this, like many wood kits overlays the stock stuff and is only held with either adhesive or tape.

• 5 months later...