Cargo dimensions rear seats down

Hi all,

next month I am traveling around California to some NPs, and I will be sleeping in the car.

I originally decided to go for Rav4, but now got into comparing Edge to it.

Edge is longer in general, but I wanted to know the dimensions of the cargo space when seats are down. I only can find the cubic volume though, not the actual measurements.

Want to check if the measurements are actually bigger of the Edge.

thanks in advance for helping me out!

kind regards,

Stephen

Edited by Slamme

23 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Gen2 (2015+) is 72 (give or take an inch) x 45.  There's some intrusion into the cargo area from the rear wheel wells.  Discounting that you could add another 6" to the width.  Length was measured from the inside of the tailgate (closed) to the back of the front seats.

Thank you so much! Actually it is exactly the same as the Rav4 even though car is about 8 inches longer.

27 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

There may be a difference in rear seat leg room.  I looked at RAV4 before buying the Edge but it's 4 cylinder only which was a hard pass for me

As I will be traveling solo, rear seat leg room would not make any difference for me.

Although I have to say that after going through some comparisons of Rav4 and Edge, I opted for the Edge.

Decisive factor here was the engine indeed that did it for me, more powerful and less MPG.

Happy with the price as well! 450$ for 11 days including full insurance at Alamo.

Thanks for your help @Gadgetjq!