MKX seats on the Edge??

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the MKX seats would fit in an Edge - Obviously I'm asking because I have an SE with cloth and would like to consider the possibilities of adding leather... :)

My main compatibility concern lies in the connectors for the airbags, seatbelts etc - are they the same or different? (shapes/sizes/pin layouts) - Also, are they pre-wired for the seats in regards to the automatic funtions... etc.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone had that answer - :stats: :hyper:

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the MKX seats would fit in an Edge - Obviously I'm asking because I have an SE with cloth and would like to consider the possibilities of adding leather... :)

My main compatibility concern lies in the connectors for the airbags, seatbelts etc - are they the same or different? (shapes/sizes/pin layouts) - Also, are they pre-wired for the seats in regards to the automatic funtions... etc.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone had that answer - :stats: :hyper:

Hi fraychild. :D They should physically fit, as the bolt positions should be the same.

However, since the MKX also has cooled seats, it is likely that the pin connections on the electrical connections are different.

Have you thought about simply adding the Edge leather seats? There are also some companies that make very nice aftermarket leather seat covers to replace the cloth. Katzkin is one.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

He he he - I know about the Katzkin and of course I would've preferred having Edge leather seats - I wouldn't have to worry about the stitched "Lincoln" emblem on the headrests either -

I'm asking because I know a place that has a set of MKX leather seats for sale for a fairly good price... I'd pick them up if I knew they were an easy fit -

The vehicles are the same, so I expected them to have the same bolting pattern... I was more concerned with the connections part... :)

Edited by fraychild

He he he - I know about the Katzkin and of course I would've preferred having Edge leather seats - I wouldn't have to worry about the stitched "Lincoln" emblem on the headrests either -

I'm asking because I know a place that has a set of MKX leather seats for sale for a fairly good price... I'd pick them up if I knew they were an easy fit -

The vehicles are the same, so I expected them to have the same bolting pattern... I was more concerned with the connections part... :)

Hi fraychild. :D Well then as I mentioned, since the Lincoln also has a "Cooled Seating" function (air conditioned), the pin outs in the connectors will be different.

I am sure you could (if necessary)purchase and splice-in the corresponding connector and just not use the "Cooed Seat" wires. Just need to find out which are the correct wires.

Or possibly, the corresponding Edge/MKX connectors will be compatible, with the cooled seat pinouts just not being used for the Edge.

Either way, it is certainly a simple fix.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

That's a good suggestion and I thought about that too - The seats seem to be the same altogether - physically - ...

But let me put things into perspective real quick... :) I live in NY - the Lincoln seats are in OH - The junkyard wants $700 + $255 to ship - I doubt it'd be cheaper to drive and pick them up - spending that kind of money to just remove the leather skin? - I'd rather go the Katzkin route... :) LOL

I guess I'll keep checking on more local junkyards and if nothing turns up - Katzkin it is....

Edited by fraychild