Add subwoofer to '19 edge st with BO sound system

Is there a way to tap into low level full signal outputs to feed a sub amp?  Short of using something like a DSR1 and having to replace the factory amp(s), could I splice into the speaker wires going to the sub and send those high level inputs into the amp?  I have an audiocontrol epicenter plus that will take high level inputs- I had it set up just that way on my BMW taking a splice off the subwoofer and it handled the power just fine. 

My big concern there is the audio signal by the time it gets to the factory sub is already shaped for that speaker (8" shallow mount under each seat in the BMW's case).  I did notice stuff below 25hz or so dropped off way faster than they should- I'm sure this is why.  It was passable quality and I only want to add a sub- I don't want to replace the factory amps or speakers.

Thanks!

On 10/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, truckroot said:

That is the perfect piece to add for what you are trying to achieve. Not sure what you mean by the signal being shaped for the 8” though.

Are you talking about the DSR1 when you say it's the perfect piece?  Also by shaping I mean they cut off the frequencies going to the factory sub that are too low for it to play without damaging it.  Normally you'd get full range off the back of an aftermarket RCA, but in this case the signal going to the sub speaker wires has been filtered to block anything below probably 25hz or so.  I could live with it if it's not shaped too aggressively and I'm definitely not looking to do anything to the rest of the system- just want to add a sub.

The perfect piece being the AC Epicenter Plus. You can take the high level inputs going to the sub directly into the Epicenter and keep the factory amp intact for the other speakers. With the Epicenter you can then tweak the bass response coming from the factory signal, that’s exactly what it’s designed to do. I think the sub channel has an active LPF and the response of the driver dictates how low it can play. That coupled with the bass roll off at higher volumes cripples the bass response of the factory sub. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Audison has F-150 set up available.

Rockford and maestro have our Ford edge harness.

I am currently working on my Rockford fosgate system. 

2013 edge sport with the premium (POS) Sony system.

I was running a R.F. 3.sixty.3 off the factory amp. It has been nothing but headaches. Line cracking, pops, flat sound that curved at higher volume.

I added a DSR1, A FO2 harness, with A-EXT 2 extension (2m). Currently serious issues with the DSR1. I may have a dead unit. 

if I could do it all over I would have not installed a stereo in the Ford edge. It was my daily driver for 10 years and the Soundsystem has to be one of the turn offs. 

if anyone has a wiring diagram for the 2013 edge with Sony system please post it. I am still looking for the CAM+- signal wires and the path of flow. from head unit to amp. 

good luck on the up grade.

as far as subs. You can cut or tap in to the 4 pin sub harness using the yellow and purple pair. And ad a REM off the acc amp turn on. Be warned you will get popping from amp turn on and off