Break and gas pedal extender

Liz sap

I recently bought a 2019 ford edge SEL. The salesman stated I could put gas and break extenders on it since I'm having problems reaching them. After purchasing the vehicle, I found out  from the salesman, it cannot be done. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. 

Thank you for your help 

Liz

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a 2016 Titanium and I am having the same issues. I’m 5’2” and even after adjusting the seats and steering wheel to where I’m comfortable, my foot keeps sliding off the  gas pedal. I have always had to lower the gas pedals in my previous cars and suv’s.  I did ask one mechanic if he could do that to the Edge and he said he could not find a way.  In all of my previous cars, you simply unscrewed the pedal and adjusted it. So I too would like to know if anyone has had this done.   I see Ford does have a button for this purpose in their pickups now.  Ford, if you’re listening, we need that in the Edge also!  Chevy has been putting a button in a lot of their vehicles for at least the last 15 years.

Ladies,

I don't know whether this will help much but for five bucks it might be worth a try: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Non-Slip-Automatic-Gas-Brake-Foot-Pedal-Pad-Cover-Car-Accessories-Universal/163902617992?fits=Model%3AMKX|Make%3ALincoln&hash=item26295b7988:g:DXIAAOSwXxxdoTc8

It's unfortunate that Ford doesn't offer an adjustable pedal option for the Edge or even Lincoln's version, the MKX.  For adjustable pedals you have to get into one of the larger offerings, Explorer, Flex, MKT etc. 

• Like 1