Homelink???

https://www.buildyourlincolnmercury.com/bui...artNumber=YQFAB

If you go to www.lincoln.ca and do the build and price. Put your pointer over the elite package and click on it. It says universal garage door opener which is the home link.

I know I needed a way to justify the extra cash. Pretty expensive garage door opener. :D :D

What exactly is homelink???

Is that all it does? Open your garage door?

what is homelink suppose to do?

:wacko:

https://www.buildyourlincolnmercury.com/bui...artNumber=YQFAB

If you go to www.lincoln.ca and do the build and price. Put your pointer over the elite package and click on it. It says universal garage door opener which is the home link.

I know I needed a way to justify the extra cash. Pretty expensive garage door opener. :D :D

Actually it comes on the ultimate package, for almost $3,000 less.

What exactly is homelink???

Is that all it does? Open your garage door?

what is homelink suppose to do?

:wacko:

Yes it is to open garage doors. I know it as homelink but some know it as universal garage door opener.

I have it on my Expedition, f350, SVT lighting, Mazda and my BMW. Standard on the BMW but options on the rest.

Some you can get will actavate your home alarm.

Most option cost are $250.

The edge is for my wife and what the wife wants the wife get's.

• 4 weeks later...

My father picked up his new MKX yesterday. It is perfect, with one exception:

The Homelink or Universal Garage Opener seemed impossible to program. After a day working with his dealer, our 50-year garage door firm and the Homelink folks on the phone, it has been determined that there is a missing step (clearing step) in the manual regarding clearing the memory during programming. It seems that the Homelink people know about the omission. I'm sorry that I don't have more details, but it is simply a missing step that was incorrectly left out of the manual, and Ford does not seem to have anything on the issue.

It may be limited to some brands of garage door openers (This one is Overhead Door), it is unfortunate that so much time was wasted, when a simple communication to dealers would solve the problem for most folks. Maybe this is just too new a problem. I hope it is very isolated.

This is not a complaint, just intended as a heads-up to other MKX owners.

Dan G