Seeking Lawyer for Class Action Lawsuit

CliffsEdge

It's impossible for Ford to be guilty of false advertising. The EPA does the test and Ford is required by law to display the EPA test results.

IF you have a faulty vehicle, it's just your vehicle which again doesn't constitute a class action lawsuit. Follow the steps I gave you in the other post to see if it's really a fault or if it's just your driving style. Doesn't matter what you used to get in other vehicles.

And change your air filter! Just because you have "clean air" doesn't mean the air filter doesn't get clogged.

Reaching a settlement out of court, does not constitute a "Win". Perhaps she got enough money back to pay the lawyers.

It may have been easier for the manufacturer to settle than try to prove she was driving in the wrong gear or had the O/D off. YMMV. I wonder if she was willing to let the EPA take her vehicle and run their MPG tests with it. I bet they would get closer to the stated MPG than what she said she was getting :banghead: .

Seems something is very wrong with your mileage.

When I was looking at the Edge I sent Ford an e-mail about the mileage and they would not deviate from the sticker. They said the ratings are based on specific gov tests. For real world they suggested I contact the dealer and see what they knew. Ford said they did not track customer feedback on mileage.

Ours has been getting better and better as we put kms on it.

It is a bit less than the window sticker but not bad given the vehicle size.

You fail to understand the concept of a "Class Action." A Class Action is nothing more than a group of Plaintiffs suing one Defendant. it doesn't matter why or whether the entire product line/service is faulty.

I'm not sure YOU understand what happens in a class action:

1. Lawyers get much richer

2. Plaintiffs get a token monetary settlement (maybe), a t-shirt, and a coupon good for 5% off your next vehicle

3. Defendant raises prices to cover the costs, costing everyone else more

If you really have a lemon, then take advantage of the lemon laws, if your state has any. Otherwise, lawyer up and file your own suit. Your own links seem to indicate that course of action works. Class actions can take YEARS to get settled.

In my opinion, class action lawsuits are just another means of transferring wealth from consumers to the elite few.

If you hate your Fords so much, dump them, take the loss, and move on to your Hyundai. I'm sure the South Koreans will appreciate it.

I will NEVER buy another American car again. I have owned 2 Chevy Astro Vans, 2 Suburban's, 3 Ford Taurus's, 1 Corvette, 1 Olds Rocket 455 and 1 ACR Viper GTS. Every one except the Astro's and the Rocket 455, were complete POS.

My, oh my, oh my! How things change in a few months.

But after posting in two different threads, I can offer the following:

Your responses to 10 different members who, at first, are trying to find a solution for you seem condescending (and I point out the rural implication). You could try a little less legal-speak, and people would respond more favorably.

Almost everyone on this forum enjoys their Edge/MKX, with a small number experiencing higher than average TGW. Nobody is perfect.

You state in the previous thread that you have litigated all your life, and your father and close friends are lawyers - so why are you seeking lawyers on this site? I don't disagree, you sure sound like one! If you are not a lawyer, or in the legal field, then ...

It is unfortunate that you have had such bad experiences with American vehicles. I, on the other hand, have not - and I'll continue to buy American.

My point and my wish is to challenge the extent that the manufacturer may take this law, in court.

No help here.

I hope you are able to find a solution without the fuss of the legal system.

Edited by edge2go