What does the whine of the PTU sound like?

Victor91

Serious question, just curious. I've heard it makes so many different things/sounds, whines, clanging noises all types of things. Does it cause your car to stall? if you hear it "whining" is it already dead. Is it a whine on just acceleration, does it match the speed of your wheels?

I have this issue that started a day ago, not clanging (nails in a can) no whine noise, no leaks, no smell but my car sounds like a wind up toy/RC car as I accelerate. Intensifies as I increase speed. Sometimes it dissipates , but other times it's very noticeable

After going in and mentioning maybe the dreadful PTU?????‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️ or what I thought was maybe the power steering pump complaining. I was told my driver's side ball joint and new driveshaft

bringing it Monday, but I'm nervous if it's a misdiagnosis 

i do have a few front end clunks that have recently started, so I do know my driveshaft needs repair/replacing and struts are next. I'm just wondering though what EXACTLY does a failing/failed PTU sound like?

• 10 months later...