2010 edge AWD

Cammack

Hello!

Ive recently started to do all the maintenance on this beauty, and after years of dealing with f150s spilling parts and oil all over the place it caught me off guard. its built like a tank, and unlike many other fords Ive had to deal with its quite hard to critique. And far more reliable than any Subaru Ive ever had the displeasure of fixing, and has taken me on many adventures.

The biggest problem is my worries on the power train, shes about at 320,000km, been living in this salt bath of a province and beat, abused and neglected her whole life.

other than the water pump what should i really keep an eye out for? what are some must do`s with these things?

Those three letters are ones to watch out for:  AWD, PTU, etc ?

Assuming the driving has been good, no unsettling sounds from the powertrain, regular maintenance would include:

1. Change the PTU and RDU fluids
  2. Change the coolant
  3. Change the transmission fluid
  4. Change the power steering fluid
  5. Change the brake fluid
  6. Check all parts of the suspension, replace as needed - struts, strut mounts, shocks, sway bar links, etc.
  7. Change the accessory belts, and if necessary, the tensioner
  8. Check battery CCAs and if necessary, replace battery if alternator tests good and you drive enough to recharge battery
  9. If you have the Vista roof/BAMR, clean the tracks and lube with dielectric grease
  10. To protect from the salt bath, something like Fluid Film is recommended at least annually.  IDK what shape your Edge is in tho.
  11. Change the cabin air filter at least annually

There are probably other concerns I am leaving out :)

Plenty of helpful info on this site, and videos are available on YouTube - MACTFORDEDGE channel, and elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Those three letters are ones to watch out for:  AWD, PTU, etc ?

Assuming the driving has been good, no unsettling sounds from the powertrain, regular maintenance would include:

1. Change the PTU and RDU fluids
  2. Change the coolant
  3. Change the transmission fluid
  4. Change the power steering fluid
  5. Change the brake fluid
  6. Check all parts of the suspension, replace as needed - struts, strut mounts, shocks, sway bar links, etc.
  7. Change the accessory belts, and if necessary, the tensioner
  8. Check battery CCAs and if necessary, replace battery if alternator tests good and you drive enough to recharge battery
  9. If you have the Vista roof/BAMR, clean the tracks and lube with dielectric grease
  10. To protect from the salt bath, something like Fluid Film is recommended at least annually.  IDK what shape your Edge is in tho.
  11. Change the cabin air filter at least annually

There are probably other concerns I am leaving out :)

Plenty of helpful info on this site, and videos are available on YouTube - MACTFORDEDGE channel, and elsewhere.

^this 3 times over

• Like 1