AFTER MARKET REMOTE START '19 SE

• 1 month later...

I first tried to do a "factory" install on my '17. I bought a new fob and then when it wouldn't program I realized that they are different frequencies.

Left: FCC: M3N-A2C93142300, PN: 164-R8163  Freq: 315

Right: FCC: M3N-A2C931426, PN: 164-R8182  Freq: 902

fobs.jpg

I ended up adding an aftermarket module where you have to press the lock button 3 times.

•  

16 hours ago, Barry F said:

I first tried to do a "factory" install on my '17. I bought a new fob and then when it wouldn't program I realized that they are different frequencies.

Left: FCC: M3N-A2C93142300, PN: 164-R8163  Freq: 315

Right: FCC: M3N-A2C931426, PN: 164-R8182  Freq: 902

fobs.jpg

I ended up adding an aftermarket module where you have to press the lock button 3 times.

• I also got the three press aftermarket off ebay.  Always works and took literally, 10 minutes to install.
  •  

1 hour ago, bdmac said:

I'm in the same boat as the OP but I have a 2018 SE.  It seems that I do not have the factory hood pin that 12volt says they require.  Is this something that I can sidestep w/ FORScan or do I require the hardware?

You need the hood pin.  The hood pin should be located in the latch. If you pop your hood it should say that the hood is open on your dash. If it does not you may be able to enable it in FORScan providing that you actually have the hood pin. I believe  that I read that the hood pin is enabled within the BCM. I may be mistaken its been a while and I can not find the forum post that detailed it. 

Here is the forum post that goes into it in more detailed:

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23273-hood-pin-location-in-2017-ford-edge/

HTH

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Thanks 1

I would have sworn that my '17 SEL didn't have a hood switch; I couldn't see any wires anywhere near the latch.  The dash did not warn me hood was open.  I turned the setting in FORScan to 'yes' it does have a hood switch, and then forgot about it.

The other day I was playing around with it.  My Edge was running on remote start; I opened the hood and the engine turned off.  I just went out and checked it now before posting this.  The dash does tell me the hood is open now.

• Like 1