Window Wind Deflectors

dougd

Has anyone installed the Window Wind Deflectors as an add-on accessory? If so, how are they secured? It looks like some form of double-sided tape is used to secure the deflectors. It appears they mount directly on the painted portion of the window frame? Any chance the tape will damege the paint job?

Thanks.

Doug

Has anyone installed the Window Wind Deflectors as an add-on accessory? If so, how are they secured? It looks like some form of double-sided tape is used to secure the deflectors. It appears they mount directly on the painted portion of the window frame? Any chance the tape will damege the paint job?

Thanks.

Doug

Mine works fine. It uses a 3M tape to bond to the door frame. Doubt it will damage the paint. I have not tried to remove it ... although I have on other vehicles in the past with good results. Just don't use a scrapper to remove it with. Use a hair dryer ...

Use WeatherTech wind deflectors. They fit into the window channel and are very well made. No Tape. www.weathertech.com

x2 here. I ordered these, a bit more expensive but a perfect fit. Look way better than the stick on ones used on my trucks. ( and I had to retape them once when 1/2 came undone in the cold winter. I'll use Weathertech from here on. Also, I had tried a different in channel setup for one of the trucks, I believe AVS or something because it was cheaper. Never again. These were too thick in the window channel and the power window had a hard time closing. No issues like this with the WeatherTech. These are a top notch product, worth it imo.