Updated Facts needed on HID conversion

I have a 2012 Edge with projector lenses and halogen bulbs. I want to change them. I spoke to a Ford service man that I know and he said that the LED conversions have a bad habit of melting the headlight housing. I thought I would switch out to HID's with a remote ballast. In reading posts, I can't find any recent information. Is there anyone out there who has done the HID conversion? Whose product did you use and was it successful?

Thanks in advance. 

Anyone?

To clarify, I have reviewed many posts on  our EDGE  lights but they are mostly a few years old. I asked because there are so many new choices on Amazon . I was interested  to know actual users experience before  I choose. 

Also,the manufacturers descriptions and videos are all glowing (lol pun  intended)

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea is to stay with halogen bulbs, but upgrade. I am using a Vosla +50 halogen bulb and my wife and I are both pleased with the result. From what I have read about the HID conversion, you will probably have to lower your headlamp aim to reduce glare to oncoming traffic, so in my humble opinion that would almost defeat the purpose of the upgrade. With our Vosla bulbs we have not had a single person flick bright lights at us to indicate our bulbs were too bright. I got my bulbs from the candlepower store web site. They are not blue bulbs, but clear.  The problem we have is the design of the projector, which is decent for straight-ahead light but terrible for side lighting.

• Like 1