Modification Help/Advice

EMC

Hi,

I am knew to the Ford Edge and am looking for some advice. I recently purchased an 08 Edge Limited Edition, and am looking to make some simple yet effective modifications.

First of all, I am looking to tune the engine, however, I can not find any tuner (ie Hypertech or Superchip) for the 08 Edge. I am wondering if anyone as had any luck with this and what they have used, were I can find it and if there are noticable improvements?

Second, has anyone here tried the SLR Motorsport High Performance Chip? If so, what do you think or recommend instead?

What about adding a high performance intake? Anyone have any success with this and recommend a couple?

Lastly, I am looking to enhance the exhaust system. However, I have heard and read lots of conflicting stories of what type, brand model etc... is best. I am looking for a low, throaty almost deep purr sound. Not, the high pitched, rapid sound those little imports make. I want american muscle with class. Some say to use Magnaflow to get that and other say Flowmaster.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am knew to the Ford Edge and am looking for some advice. I recently purchased an 08 Edge Limited Edition, and am looking to make some simple yet effective modifications.

First of all, I am looking to tune the engine, however, I can not find any tuner (ie Hypertech or Superchip) for the 08 Edge. I am wondering if anyone as had any luck with this and what they have used, were I can find it and if there are noticable improvements?

Second, has anyone here tried the SLR Motorsport High Performance Chip? If so, what do you think or recommend instead?

What about adding a high performance intake? Anyone have any success with this and recommend a couple?

Lastly, I am looking to enhance the exhaust system. However, I have heard and read lots of conflicting stories of what type, brand model etc... is best. I am looking for a low, throaty almost deep purr sound. Not, the high pitched, rapid sound those little imports make. I want american muscle with class. Some say to use Magnaflow to get that and other say Flowmaster.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

There are products on steedaedge.com. You may find them cheaper elsewhere.

• 2 months later...