Install powered Liftgate trunk

Gene430

I'm  s new Edge owner love my vehicle.  However am not happy with the manual liftgate trunk and frankly thought an electronic trunk was standard.  I've seen after market  kits selling for apx $500, but I'm not sure I want to tackle the install. Also I'd rather deal with original Ford parts and service. Does anyone know if a dealer can obtain the parts and convert the truck to auto ' to include foot activated.? Apx cost? Does a typical Ford dealer service this type of conversion?

Edited by Gene430

On 1/19/2020 at 10:38 AM, Gene430 said:

Does a typical Ford dealer service this type of conversion?

You aren't likely to find a dealership willing to tackle this sort of custom installation.  Consider, you need a dash switch, a module to control up/down movement, sensors to determine whether there's interference with the liftgate, an electric latching mechanism, motor(s) to run the new struts and probably more.  In the end you'd likely be looking way north of that $500 aftermarket price......UNLESS...You can find an Edge at an auto salvage that has the powered tailgate.  In that case you could strip all of the components (after researching their locations) and install them in your car.