Horn problem

zeteccam

Hi all, I,m new to this forum and from Wales in the UK.I bought one of the first Edge that was sold in the UK in 2016 and I am very pleased with the car. I am a retired Ford employee of 42years service and have always bought Ford cars and this edge is one of my favourites . I have had a few problems such as leaking front windscreen and misting up rear lights which have been sorted but my biggest niggle is the HORN. The deeper horn on the duel horn keeps failing, it has been changed twice but has just gone again and because it is now out of warranty the dealer will not change it. Has anyone had the same problem and how easy is it to change. Was thinking of putting a horn from another model to see if that solves the problem.

I had the exact same problem with mine, the deeper horn failed and what was left was pathetic sounding. Good news is  it is a super easy fix and not that expensive . Here is a thread on duel horns that will answer most of if not all of your questions . It even has a great instal video. I think I paid $25 USD for a new duel horn. I have found two different horns that will fit your 2016 edge, both will work fine. First is part # FA1Z-13832-A LEVEL 3 @ Aprox  $28USD  . Second is part # FA1Z-13832-B LEVEL 2 @ Around $16USD. Both can be found at  tascaparts.com. I am guessing that the difference between Level 2 & 3 is what model Edge you have . My guess is that the more expensive LEV 3 went on the Titanium :shrug:. Oh, and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Edited by Xtra