Has anyone installed Sync 2 V 3.10?

I just got a thing in the mail, Customer Satisfaction Program 19K03 to either go in for the update or do it myself. But from past experience I am a bit gun shy about changing something that is mostly stable. So has anyone had any real experience with this release? Does it fix anything in particular? Take away any features? Any quirks that might make dealer install recommended? 

Prior to my receiving the Class Action case postcard that you received, I noticed version 3.1 was available thru the Ford/Lincoln Owner website.

I downloaded the update to a USB stick and it self-installed on our MKX without any complication.  I haven't noticed any real difference after installing the update, but at least nothing was degraded by it.

The distinction of the postcard offer seems to be that the Class Action settlement provides that a dealer would install version 3.1 at no cost to the vehicle owner  -- in case the owner is not capable of independently installing the version 3.1 update.

Good luck!

• Like 1