MKX Rear Light Condensation

I have an 08 MKX and was washing it the other day and noticed that water is getting behind the light bar on the rear hatch. Has anyone had this problem?

Hi katiesdaddy. :D It has happened. Not a common problem, but it has occurred. Your best bet is to make an appointment for service and have it replaced.

To avoid the dreaded "could not replicate the problem" non fix, be sure to bring your MKX in when the tail light has condensation in it. It will be a Warranty covered fix.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

My co-worker also has an Edge. He ended up with condensation in the rear tail light assemblies to the point that the silver reflector was "corroding" from the moisture. Ford replaced both rear tail light assemblies under warranty. The car was 6 months old. Sometimes you get a bad seal on the units.

A friend had a GM product that you could have raised gold fish in the tail light. Absolutely full of water and it kept blowing fuses/bulbs (no surprise).

Edited by CorporateEdge

• 3 months later...

I finally went back and had it replaced. Now here is the funny part.

They washed the car before I picked it up. I get the keys from the cashier lady and go to the car. I look at the rear light and it has moisture in it. I call the service guy out and he feels bad. Now they have to order another one.

I'll keep ya informed.