Suggested Milage On Water Pump Replacement

Lunareclipse02

As the title says I am wondering what milage should I replace my water pump on my 3.5L Edge. Currently my 2013 has 94K on it, and I knew it has the terrible design of the water pump withing the timing chain. I want to be over cautious since I keep my vehicles till they die. Whenever I do this I plan on having the timing chain and guides replaced. What brand of pump and timing components do you suggested. I'm fine with OEM but I am sure there is a company who makes them for Ford that I can get cheaper while being the same part.  Any info will be nice to hear. 

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Lunareclipse02 said:

As the title says I am wondering what milage should I replace my water pump on my 3.5L Edge. Currently my 2013 has 94K on it, and I knew it has the terrible design of the water pump withing the timing chain. I want to be over cautious since I keep my vehicles till they die. Whenever I do this I plan on having the timing chain and guides replaced. What brand of pump and timing components do you suggested. I'm fine with OEM but I am sure there is a company who makes them for Ford that I can get cheaper while being the same part.  Any info will be nice to hear. 

Thanks.

from what i've heard, around 80-100K is the right time.

For the sake of discussion i had a 2011 Fusion Sport (same engine design flaw) and my 3rd party warranty company boned me, so after my pump failed and milked up the oil and the dealership tried very hard to blow it up,  i ended up having to buy a lift and a used engine, doing a quick refresh on it, installing it, then selling the car and lift so i could get out of it without losing all the value in the car and still paying the note. Good times. (Avoid Ownershield warranties like the plague they are)

short version, better to do it too early than wait too long and have an oil/coolant intermix cause bigger problems..

Delco (of all companies) makes a steel impeller pump as opposed to the ford plastic impeller, and, i have one, although I don't know if it is the version you need. (I bought the single row chain version accidentally first). I do not suggest you try to save money on the water pump or timing components! Wrong place to cheap out.

I also have 2 gallons of specialty green coolant that i do not need...