LED Signature lights problem

Need Help... I've got a 2016 Edge Sport and while doing a thorough spring cleaning I ran the battery down such that it went into battery savings mode. After I started the vehicle I noticed that both Signature LED's no longer work. I have tried everything including; disconnecting the batt, a BMS reset, a reset of the BCM, and looking for a fuse issue (not sure which fuse it is, but didn't see any issues). Any insights and help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

The below is from the 2015 service manual. My guess is that something got disconnected from the BJB. Check BJB fuse 20. I think it is the same one that is labeled in the owner's manual as "Run/start lighting. Headlamp leveling switch." In the fuse box inside the engine compartment.

Also attached is the diagnostics manual. Seems you need Pinpoint Test C.

Signature Lamps
Each of the signature lamp assemblies consist of multiple Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) that receive fused voltage when
the ignition is in ON or START.
When the signature lamps receive fused voltage from the BJB, and the parking lamps are OFF, the signature lamps
illuminate at full intensity. When the parking lamps are activated and the BCM sends a second voltage to the signature
lamps to indicate the parking lamps are activated, the signature lamps operate at a reduced intensity.

Parking, Rear and License Plate Lamps DT.pdf

Edited by omar302

Still no luck - Complete head scratcher! I had a cursory look at the BCM connections and pins, I'll have more time this weekend to do more thorough looking and testing. On a side note the vehicle has the LMS Tune and various FORscan adaptations. I rolled everything back to stock also having no change...

Thanks! I did check the BJB and the associated fuse, but both are ok. Yes, I don't believe the Signature lights are programmable, but there seems to be a dimming circuit via the BCM. They are dim with the Park lights on. Getting close to pulling wires...Maybe I'm better off calling it a day and painting both Signature lights gloss back!! Lol.

15 hours ago, Nascar99 said:

Thanks! I did check the BJB and the associated fuse, but both are ok. Yes, I don't believe the Signature lights are programmable, but there seems to be a dimming circuit via the BCM. They are dim with the Park lights on. Getting close to pulling wires...Maybe I'm better off calling it a day and painting both Signature lights gloss back!! Lol.

They are wired into the parking lamp circuit for dimming and the splice for that is up front in the parking lamp circuit, not inside so if you parking lamps work the circuit is fine.

• Like 1

Sooo, after initially messing around and chasing my tail with FORscan programing and the BCM (I thank my friend for this who is a big Audi guy), I found a broken wire. The break was located In the circuit between connector C140 and splice S187. See attached.

Thanks guys for the help, happy to have them working again!!!

Broken wire.pdf

• Like 1

I have no idea. I'm the second owner of this vehicle, it has a clean history with no accidents or repairs. Also, I have never tampered with anything up front in that area. From my observation, it appeared that the wiring harness was original and had not been tampered with. There was a bit of water/corrosion in the area of the break, but unless the wire's insulation had a flaw, it should not have caused a break IMHO.