Rough idle with weird banging noise

Dylan2012edge

Hey how’s it going. I have a 2012 Ford Edge 3.5 v6 and I’ve been having this issue for sometime now where at idle it’s running like garbage. It’s idling at like 500 rpm and the rpm goes up and down and is all over the place. Also every 15 seconds or so there is a loud bang when the rpm increases. I’ll try to attach a video. The vid doesn’t do its justice but it’s a lot louder in person. Also my mpg is a whopping 10 mpg. I had spark plugs done 15k miles ago at ford. I really think this is an issue with the plugs. Also the car Boggs a lot whenever u try and move from a stand still. It will hesitate that bogg really badly. Curious if any  had the same issue. Pls let me know

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0x5qUMLmDMDqm-kquiYYLhxgA#Hauppauge

1 hour ago, Dylan2012edge said:

Ok. I’m going to have to get a scan tool and check. Do u think it could be like a misfire because the spark plug weren’t gapped correctly by ford?

Places like AutoZone, if they're still open, will read the codes free of charge.

It's possible but unlikely that plugs were installed with the incorrect gap, and the gap would have to be quite large to cause a misfire.

Best post the video to YouTube - folks don't like having to download it, but rather watch it online.

The noise doesn't sound like the engine internals.

You're assuming its the spark plugs, when it could be the Evap solenoid or something like that - that's why the codes are a good starting point for a diagnostic approach.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...