Touchscreen and sound stops working while driving

spydermn

First if I have tried to search. I am very sorry if this is a commonly covered problem. 

2013 Edge Limited 8” Sony

while my wife is driving the sound from radio, touch screen everything randomly resets. The screen goes black, the sound dies. After the power comes back to the screen it goes through the full sync reset and then acts like nothing was wrong. I have not pulled it yet looking for loose wires. I am wondering if there is a different issue rather than a new head unit/touch screen or loose wiring. She has not been able to tell me of any particular situation that this happens consistently. 

(You now know why I HAVE TO GET THIS FIXED! The boss lady  does not like her truck not working right)

I don't have a solution for you... unfortunately. Have you tried a reset? Not the one that the manual describes but if you contact Ford, they should be able to give you the "master" reset. I had a '13 Edge with a similar issue that started to happen with about 37K miles on it. I would start the car only to see nothing on the screen plus no sound whatsoever. The ONLY way I could make it go away is literally parking and turning off the car for about 10 minutes. I quietly reached out and scoured the internet for similarities. At that moment, I decided to trade the car in rather than deal with Sync issues. YOUR issue sounds heat related? I'm thinking you are out of warranty? If not, tell your wallet to ready itself for an expensive fix if a Sync update doesn't solve the problem. I wish I could be more positive. Good luck.

• 3 years later...

I had a problem with my 2013 Edge Limited with Sony. My entertainment system would shut off every 5 minutes, at irregular intervals. I also had a problem with my car starting on it's own after I left the vehicle, or coming back to dead battery. I think it was turning on accessory mode after I left the car. Of note, the power button didn't work, in the middle of the volume knob. 

I replaced the control panel, below the touchscreen (the one that says Sony and has the big volume knob). All my problems went away. 

Edited by danwdc