2015 Sel firewall

11 hours ago, Fredj72 said:

First, I hope posted this in the right place.I'm trying to run wiring for underglow on my sel through the firewall. I can't seem to find any where besides the wiring for the harness. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Fred,
You're on the right track.  There are two grommets in the firewall.  One is below the battery holder (battery has to come out to find it) the other is on the passenger side and is the one I used to run my front camera wiring (see pic).   If you look closely you'll see a circle molded into the grommet.  That can be the path for your underglow wiring.  To get through it I pulled the grommet away from the firewall enough to get a finger behind it in the area of that circle and confirm there was no factory wiring in that spot.  Then I used a sharp blade to carve out the circle.   The grommet under the battery might have the same design, I never looked.

Cable_Run.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, using the grommet shown above your wire will enter the cabin 'behind' the heater box.  The best way to reach it is to lower the glove box lid then reach through that opening to find the wire you've pushed in from the engine compartment.

Edited by Gadgetjq

• 3 years later...