Edge 2009 - how to Install, run the seat outside the car - Mem Control Module - ?

How to work a ford edge 2009 seat on a bench.

I have a driver's seat for a ford edge 2009, I'm making a gamer chair with this seat because I'm obese and I feel a lot of pain on the coast when I'm working. And when I drive my ford edge I don't feel any pain, I wonder how I can turn the seat on to keep the adjustment functions working.

SEAT MEMORY CONTROL MODULE FORD EDGE MODEL 9l3t-14c708-af

Sorry for the spelling mistakes I am Brazilian and I am using the goole translator

modolo.jpg

Edited by thiago_souza

• 1004ron changed the title to Edge 2009 - how to Install, run the seat outside the car - Mem Control Module - ?
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have the 6-way seat:

There are 3 motors, front height, rear height and horizontal.

The way it works is, each motor has two terminals. Apply negitive power to terminal 1, positive to terminal 2 and the motor runs up or forward. Reverse the solitary and the motors run down or back.

Drivers seat switch assembly terminals are as follows: 

#6 is front down 

#18 is front up

#15 is aft 

#16 is forward

#5 is rear down

#17 is rear up

If you have the 10-way power seat, there are 5 motors. The additional two motors control the seat backrest position and the lumbar. They all run the same. Apply 12 volts (-) to one terminal and (+) to the other. Reverse polarity to reverse position. 

Terminal assignment for PASSENGER switch is:

#6 front up

#2 front down

#4 fwd

#9 aft

#12 rear down

#1 rear up

#11 backrest fwd

#8 backrest aft

#7 lumbar out

#10 lumbar in

(Dont have drivers).

All you need is a 12 volt source and DPDT (double pole, double throw) momentary switches. I'd look for switches rated at 15 amps, 120 volts. (12 volt rated switches will also work of course). 

If the seat came from a vehicle which had the memory seat function, it becomes much more complicated. (For more complicated than I care to get into here. Even the motors are different).

• Like 1