Great at first, now wishing for more

jfigs

Hey guys,

I leased a 2019 edge st for my wife’s daily and due to covid she’s been laid off and now it’s my daily. When we first got the vehicle I was really happy, until we noticed terrible wind noise from the panoramic roof (they had to replace the entire glass roof as it was warped). Took the dealer a full month to fix and return, so that was beyond irritating. Moving forward I loved the car, until the last oil change (first one and done at the ford dealer). I swear it’s slower now than before (yes I only use premium).  Overall I feel the car is SO slow off the line. Shifting is terribly hard in either mode, I’ve owned and leased my fair share of cars and this is the WORST shifting car I’ve ever driven. Overall the shifting is slow and indecisive, it really brings the vehicle down. I feel like for the money, the ST just isn’t worth it. It has a lot of really nice features but with a close to 50k sticker price and the ST badge, I feel like the performance is far beyond lacking. I really wish we had opted for the Explorer ST now. Has anyone experienced a loss of power after dealer maintenance?

First, thank you for your response! I’m in Michigan so it’s not blistering hot, I would say even in the morning headed to work, it’s cooler (60ish degrees) the car is slow. What I am experiencing is either that I’m used to the car and it doesn’t feel as “fast” as it did when it was new to me, or the car is literally slower. I’m leaning towards the vehicle is slower. I drive about 60 miles each day for work, the difference is significant, especially when overtaking traffic.

What kind of maintenance did they do other than the oil/filter change? The TSB mentioned above is related to how the tranny shifts (harsh/clunks) but not power. If they did do some other maintenance items, maybe something was disconnected and re-installed correctly. I remember some members had a hose come lose that made it feels like it was Turbo-less. But that was in the early 2015 models. You can also try to disconnect the battery for ~10 minutes to reset the electronics to see if it helps. But my bet is that someone at the dealer messed up.