Honeycomb grill with forward camera

tyyrael

Are there any options out there for the Honeycomb grill and still be able to have the camera attached?  In a perfect world, I'd be able to get the eBay honeycomb grill and then mount the camera on it somewhere and completely remove the Ford emblem, but since the camera and emblem are combined I'm not sure I have any other options. Well.... it's not really "combined" but it is hard-mounted right under it. 

https://ebay.to/2BGX2NC  for the honeycomb grill

3e8f3cbe-5931-fa00-ee58-b8605c0b3a5d.jpg

I might be blowing (Ford blue) smoke here since I've no experience with that grille but....couldn't you just make your own adapter? 

Grab some flat stock cut to whatever length/width you need (aluminum would be easy to work with) and drill holes patterned after the OEM openings plus a third hole for a mounting bolt or stud.  Paint it black.  Mount the camera in your adapter, put it wherever you want on the new grille (you might have to modify the grille a little for the camera to fit through the grid) than use that bolt or stud and a large washer on the back of the grille to hold it in place.    If you want you could cut away some of the new grille to inset your adapter so it's a flush mount. 

There's always a way. ;)