2014 3.5L cooling fan issue

relentless85

I’m pretty new here and I’m pretty sure what the answer is going to be but just for my piece of mind I want to make sure.

2014 Ford Edge with 3.5L no two package.  Not my car but my in-laws car.

they were driving it on a long trip and noticed when they came to a stop or slowed down the ac started blowing warmer humid air.  Then the engine coolant too high notification came on.

When they got back I checked the cooling fans. Both were not on with a hot engine and the ac on. At least one of them should of been on since the AC was on.

I checked fuse 39 under the hood and it tests ok with a meter. I’m getting 12v where the 60a fuse plugs into with the engine off.

I ran 12v power directly from the battery to the pig tail on the fan that plugs into the fan control module on the driver side of the vehicle.  When 12v is applied with the engine off, both fans come on.

With the engine off, I pulled the large connector that supplies power to the fan control module.  With engine off I get 12v at that connector. When I pull the 60a fuse I no longer get 12v at that connector.

I pulled the connector on the high side ac line on the passenger front side and started the engine with the AC on and none of the fans came on.

So my guess is that the fan control module is bad.  And the whole fan assembly needs to be replaced.  

just verifying I am right?

thanks!