Bigdogg1974

2011 Ford Edge Limited - motor shut down ?

I was coming off of the freeway and all of a sudden the motor shut down with an “oil pressure” light that went on, bought jumper cables.... wasn’t that. Any thoughts as I got it towed to Rose City Ford And they can’t look at it for a bit. Thx for the input!

7 minutes ago, Bigdogg1974 said:

I was coming off of the freeway and all of a sudden the motor shut down with an “oil pressure” light that went on, bought jumper cables.... wasn’t that. Any thoughts as I got it towed to Rose City Ford And they can’t look at it for a bit. Thx for the input!

I wouldn't focus on oil pressure light coming on when the engine cut out while the ignition was still one.

When you tried the jumpers, did it crank?

What engine?

Don't think anyone here would be able to offer any pointers without doing some diagnostics, or if you could have got the stored error codes, which won't be possible with it on its way to the dealership.

Please consider adding your location and vehicle model/year to your profile signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

Yup tried the jumpers... no go just flickering, 3.5l with 213,500kms 

Did you get this resolved? You’ll always get an oil light when the motor dies like that. Could be a mechanical failure all the way to a PCM failure. Interested to know if you got this resolved