Hard wiring LED strips

I'd really like to add my own ambient lighting strips under the dash on my 2019. I don't want to spend a fortune on the Ford ambient light kit where I can do it for much cheaper. 

The question I have is how can I wire the lights to come on whenever my headlights are on? EG: I use the auto setting for my headlights, so whenever the headlights come on full brightness, the LED strips light up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't advise as to your 2019, but on my 2009 MKX, the ambient lighting circuit is wired into an existing connector installed in the consul. This circuit runs on the accessory delay. (I'm uncertain as to what else is plugged into this connector).

From the looks of the service manual, I'm guessing that the connector is factory to allow the dealer to simply plug is module and switch. If there is not factory connector on your 19, I believe you could tap into the drink holder lighting circuit to gain power.

(The ambient lighting module is on whenever the car is running and not tied directly into the lighting circuit).