tracking help please

uglymugs

I'll agree w/ you on the Gas Millage. I know I drive TONS of city however I've haven't been over 15-16 one time. Now, I do have an automatic starter and only have about 1300 miles on it but I've been a little disappointed w/ this. Last week I tried to only use the automatic starter for 5 minutes to keep it from idling so long in my driveway and it did seem to help a little bit. I reset the MPG every time I fill up now to get a accurate reading. I just don't know. If I could of saved $50-$75 a month and got another SUV I'm starting to think the $$$$$$ would of been a used towards gas and I probably would still be ahead. I love my edge and that car has to be the quietest and best Ford I've ever been in (well, not as fun as my 2002 Mustang GT) I just hope ford works on the gas millage issue because I've been avoiding that question every time I'm asked.

Bill

I guess you dont know how much more money you are saving by getting only 1 or 2 miles more per gallon of gas.

If, for example, you drive the average of 15,000 miles a year, thats about 1250 per month. If you drive a car that gets 17mpg and the price of your gas costs $3.099 and you want to know how much you would save on a monthly basis with a car that gets only 2 miles per gallon better, you are saving $23.986 traveling over the same distance.

If you want the difference over the mile its much smaller @ less than 2 cents ($.0192)

Stop complaining, gas mileage isnt all that the media cracks it up to be, especially when you consider the sometimes higher cost of those more fuel efficient vehicles.

-Dan