Will 2015 Explorer Sport rims fit 2011 Edge SEL?

Edgingage

Hello folks:

I need your help to determine if I pull the trigger on this sale to fit my 2011 Edge SEL (FWD):

A set of 2015 Explorer Sport wheels & tires with TPS sensors is up for sale. Bolt pattern is (5 x 4.5 ) or (5x 114.3) from what I understand on google will fit 2012 to current 2021 Explorers, and I believe it's the same bolt pattern for the 2011 Edge.  I assume the offset is different but I don't know if it's still safely acceptable...   Tire size is 255/50R20 which I now know will fit the 2011 Edge (thanks to Xtra and other folks for links provided in another thread).

Do you folks know if this set will fit the 2011 Edge SEL?  Please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Photo "borrowed" from the sale ad:

image.thumb.png.9b63c4241a6b249cf2641781cbed13e8.png

Edited by Edgingage

8 hours ago, Edgingage said:

Hi Omar:

Thanks for your comment (always very appreciated).   I assume when you say "rubbing" means a significant rubbing that will not go away soon with wear and tear.  So basically, not an easy way to make it fit, I assume.  Too bad :(

Thanks again.

If I remember correctly, it was a slight rub, but it was concerning. Wouldn't try to drive with it. Buy it was small enough that I think the smallest spacers could fix.

By the way, I tried Limited wheels, the aluminum polished ones, not Sport wheels. So they might be different.

Edited by omar302

Hello Omar:

Thanks for your clarification.

I went to the dealer and they couldn't tell either.  It's very hard to know.  I don't know how you tried it before but it seems to be a "try and error" thing.  My problem is that I don't want to take the risk of buying those wheels to find out they don't fit properly.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Edgingage said:

I don't know how you tried it before but it seems to be a "try and error" thing. 

I actually installed them from my friend's 2013 Explorer Limited. Just turning them by hand revealed the rubbing, so removed them. I had 18" wheels on the MKX and we wanted to try and feels the differences in ride and handling switching wheels (he tries my 18" & I'd try his 20"). But didn't work out.

• Like 1