January Sales Figures

rt2525

Hi guys (and gals) been awhile since I've posted. Just wondering if anyone has seen the Jan.sales figures for the Edge and other Ford vehicles. Maybe it's just me and the shows I watch but there seems to be a distinct lack of advertising up here in Canada for all Ford products. I've heard nothing but good things from customers who have taken delivery of an Edge and management claims they are counting on it to help rebuild the Ford name, so why aren't they getting the word out?There are probably 250 million people out there in NA who don't even know what an Edge is.(Hoping someone in Dearborn actually reads some of these posts)

Lots of ads for the Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Edge and MKX here in the Orlando area of Central Florida. Also see many of the above. Blink and you see another Fusion.

Problem up where you are is that people tend not to buy in the cold of an Ontario winter. Wait until April, and they will spring off the lots.

You are correct though. If they (manufacturer) don't advertise, they (buyers) won't buy. Example: The Lincoln Zephyr. Although the Ford Fusion sold good in 2006, I almost never saw an ad for the 2006 Zephyr. By the time I got interested in the Zephyr, the dealer lots here in Central were full of leftovers. Dealers could not give them away. After I checked out a leftover 06 Lincoln LS (discounted bigtime) and decided I liked the Zephyr better, it was time for the MKZ to come out, with the larger engine, so I just waited a couple weeks, and picked up the MKZ (Ford-X Plan) and am very happy with the car. Dealers still have 06 Zephyrs on their lots, although I think the advertising for the 07 MKZ is causing people to buy the leftover 06 Zephyrs at a large discount.

BTW, I've had my MKZ for four months now, and have Zero problems. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Niente. My two neighbors across the street both have 06 Fusions. Again, no problems. If the Mexican made Fusion/Milan/MKZ is trouble free, the Canadian made Edge/MKX should be even more trouble free.

I hope the Edge/MKX is as trouble free as the Fusion/Milan/MKZ.

I'm waiting for the MKS to be introduced. I may trade my Continental (Great Car). Love our Continental, so the MKS had better be great.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys (and gals) been awhile since I've posted. Just wondering if anyone has seen the Jan.sales figures for the Edge and other Ford vehicles. Maybe it's just me and the shows I watch but there seems to be a distinct lack of advertising up here in Canada for all Ford products. I've heard nothing but good things from customers who have taken delivery of an Edge and management claims they are counting on it to help rebuild the Ford name, so why aren't they getting the word out?There are probably 250 million people out there in NA who don't even know what an Edge is.(Hoping someone in Dearborn actually reads some of these posts)

i got an e-mail about the sales figures for the edge and apparently the edge is closing in on the sales of the nissan mirano...good news...