Headrests in an 08 Limited

BadPenny1

I noticed that the headrests on the front seats of my Edge tilt forward and are not adjustable in terms of how they tilt. I feel that these were either designed very badly, or that the dealer installed them backwards.

Does anybody have them tilting forward? If so, did you pull them and turn them around? Leaning forward headrests just seems wrong to me. Any thoughts or any suggestions? Anyone replaced theirs?

Thanks!

BP

I noticed that the headrests on the front seats of my Edge tilt forward and are not adjustable in terms of how they tilt. I feel that these were either designed very badly, or that the dealer installed them backwards.

Does anybody have them tilting forward? If so, did you pull them and turn them around? Leaning forward headrests just seems wrong to me. Any thoughts or any suggestions? Anyone replaced theirs?

Thanks!

BP

Hi BP. :D They are designed that way to meet rear impact standards, as dictated by Federal Automotive Crash Guidelines. The idea is to minimize backwards motion of the head and neck in a rear end collision (and thus help prevent/minimize whiplash injuries).

People may as well get used to them, as that is the way cars will be from now on. The other option is active head restraints, which move forward in a rear end crash. But right now, that technology is seen mostly in higher end autos, and is considered too costly for mid priced vehicles.

Some people have stated that they turned them around, or switched them out for other styles that fit.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I hear Hale has cross drilled headrests that perform and look better......

Hi akirby. :D No, no, no. The name of the Company is KaleCo Auto, not "Hale".

If you accidentally send people to the wrong supplier, how do you ever expect them to be able to get their cross drilled accessories? :hysterical:

PS - Good to see you again! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi akirby. :D No, no, no. The name of the Company is KaleCo Auto, not "Hale".

If you accidentally send people to the wrong supplier, how do you ever expect them to be able to get their cross drilled accessories? :hysterical:

PS - Good to see you again! :beerchug:

I had 3 letters right.......

Did you get my PM?