I have a 2019 SE with no fog lights. I drove a SEL with fog lights, and they were not that great.

I'm spoiled by the Morimoto fog lights I used to have on my Subaru, and I'd love to add some sort of setup to my 2019. Anyone mount fog lights anywhere on their 2019+ Edge? I thought about putting them where the intercooler opening is, but I don't want to block airflow.

Basically I want more light on the road in front of me with a wider spread. It sucks that I can't just swap out the factory LED headlights for HID bulbs easily.

Edited by IcyFridge

Fog lamps may actually work against you in this case. They do throw more light on the road, but its close to the car and down to the sides. The extra light will appear as more light to your pupils, causing them to close slightly. This affects down road vision.

(The true purpose of fog lights are to be used in periods of low visibility, fog, rain snow and are designed to light the edge of the roadway. It's assumed that in inclimate weather you are traveling at a very low speed, say 10 mph, and need extra light to find the edge of the road.)

I am no stranger to lighting, but just can't find a mounting method for the Edge. Fog lights help vastly here in WNY where heavy snow blocks out the headlights. And I appreciate the peripheral vision fog lights provide. The OEM LED headlights are decent at putting light out, but have a narrow spread. 

• 1 month later...

I'm with you @IcyFridge The factory driving lights on my Escape aren't crazy bright but I do like the wider view at night. I swapped to LEDs in both head and fog lights on my convertible and I love the difference. I honestly think the color being a more white light vs the more orange you get from halogen helps with clarity. 

I've been looking online at kits for the 15-18 Edge but I'd like to retain the DRLs. I added LED DRLs to my 13 Taurus and while not as effective as a fog light, it still added some wider view at night.

Are the factory fog lights LEDs? If not, I'd get some factory style housings and add the good LED bulbs