Where is Cylinder 2 on the 3.5?

tal35

I had my edge in a shop today for a P0302 code, and they told me cylinder 2 was front left looking at the engine from the front of the car. I had all 6 coils and plugs replaced about 25k miles ago, and this popped up . I have the p0420 and P0430, but that is just bad converters or out of spec converters. I thought that Cylinder 2 was in the back of the engine in the center, and you had to remove the intake to get to it. Am I wrong? I have looked online and seen it both ways. The Edge is a 3.5 2011 limited. I have the forscan software, it does show cylinder 2 fault, the fuel injection on that cylinder looks good. I think the #2 cylinder is in the back by the firewall, but I have seen varying results in google and on this forum.

Edited by tal35

firewall side of engine, middle cylinder. 

if coils and plugs are done, assuming motorcraft brand, it could be an injector.  depending on mileage, could be a candidate, once the coil and plug are verified.  coil is likely ok, but the occasional faulty plug even with motorcraft has popped up.

this might help also

on his other Edge, ultimately a failed spark plug was at the root of the misfire.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

ok, I have done some testing and it looks to be either a coil on cylinder 2 or the plug. Any way to tell for sure which? It fails under heavy load only.  I know I could change them both and will, but the coil is a fairly new replacement and it is under warranty if it is bad. Echlin part. With the intake coming off, I don't want to do this twice. I could put a new coil in #2 and re-assemble it, then put it in number 3-6 and see if the failure code pops, but couldn't think of any other way to test the coil.