Questions, Comments & Complaints on 2020 Edge.

JohnRR

My wife and I traded in our old 2007 Edge SEL with 180K miles.  It was the best car we  have ever owned!  So, now we have this beautiful new 2020 Edge SEL and we love it!  

But, there are a few things I would like to fix.

1)  The horn doesn't really blast, it just toots.  Has anyone added a second horn?  Is there wiring in place for a 2nd horn?  Would it be ok to add 2 loud aftermarket horns?

2)  Is there a way to add a light inside the glove box?  It's very difficult to find anything in there at night.

3)  I wish that the cargo area had an overhead light instead of the single one on the lower right side.  As soon as I load 1 suitcase on the right, it gets dark back there! 

4)  I wish the Nav System would place the car location icon closer to the bottom of the screen.  That way, it would show more "Look-ahead" data so I would know what's coming up sooner, and what lane I should be in.

Things I like about the new model:

1)  I really like the adaptive cruise control, especially the lane centering feature.  Although it "Dings" at me a lot, even when I have both hands are on the wheel.

2)  My wife and I really like the foot control sensor for the rear hatch.  

3)  It took us awhile to get used to the rotary shift knob, but now we like it!

4)  The little 2 liter turbo 4-cylinder feels more powerful than the old 3.5 liter V6.

5)  We have been averaging around 26-27 MPG on long trips.  The old Edge was getting around 21 MPG on long trips and would quickly drop to 16 MPG around town.

6)  The new Edge feels bigger inside than the old 2007 model.

Overall, we're very happy with our new 2020 Ford Edge!

John

Congrats on your new ride. Hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

1 hour ago, JohnRR said:

1)  The horn doesn't really blast, it just toots.  Has anyone added a second horn?  Is there wiring in place for a 2nd horn?  Would it be ok to add 2 loud aftermarket horns?

A few members have already fixed that. The problem is Ford started to put only a single horn in 2019, the solution is to install the 2015-2018 model horn. See this thread.

Sorry, I can't help on your other questions. For 2 & 3 there will probably be solutions for them, don't remember someone mentioning them though. For 4, that is probably not possible due to the Sync programming.