Changing 2019 Edge's weak single horn to dual horn

Ford for some reason is putting single horn rather than dual horns on their cars.  My Edge ST has this and my Bullitt also has this.  Well, it is an easy fix.  I got the duel horn from a 2018 Edge.  It is the same horn and bracket except one extra horn!  Part number is FA1Z-13832-B.  Shouldn't take more than 20 min.  Here is a link to the video I created:  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, 9mmbullitt said:

Ford for some reason is putting single horn rather than dual horns on their cars.  My Edge ST has this and my Bullitt also has this.  Well, it is an easy fix.  I got the duel horn from a 2018 Edge.  It is the same horn and bracket except one extra horn!  Part number is FA1Z-13832-B.  Shouldn't take more than 20 min.  Here is a link to the video I created:  

Nice work. I think there is some confusion around the 3:10 mark, the step for removing the original horn comes after trying to install the new horn. Maybe an error during stitching of the video clips. 

8 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Dealers have the procedure for replacing now. But Ford refuses to warranty a dual horn setup. Go figure.

Interresting! They won't warranty a dual horn setup if done outside dealership or as replacement of a defective single tone? Wouldn't they warranty the part itself? What could the swap tk a dual horn cause if the swap procedure is done properly?

The horn just needs to meet federal safety standards.  I don't know if something changed with that or not and I'm not going to take the time to look.  But Ford put out to dealers a long time ago a notice on the horn change on multiple vehicle lines and that changing them is not a warranty item.  Just think of the shear number of vehicles across multiple vehicle lines they have done this too, the savings in money adds up real quick for Ford.  They eliminate screws and bolts when they find out they are not needed in order to save money.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:44 PM, Perblue said:

I just don't get what the big deal is. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used a horn in a vehicle in 23 years of driving.

I guess people in Canada are just better drivers . I can't even begin to count the time I have had to use my horn to advert disaster here in La La Land. My horn is not working well and I am going to replace it with this duel setup. 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:44 AM, Perblue said:

I just don't get what the big deal is. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've used a horn in a vehicle in 23 years of driving.

Clearly you don’t live in a city, or anywhere in Jersey.

The horn has a lot of different meanings in NY/NJ.  In 25+ years of driving, I can’t recall a day where I haven’t used it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, candurin said:

Clearly you don’t live in a city, or anywhere in Jersey.

I actually do and regularly drive around Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary and Edmonton. I've been in cities where people think their horns are toys, it becomes meaningless because they are honked so often no one even looks when one is honked.

It's called defensive driving, pay attention to your surroundings for other peoples screw ups and ignorance. Once you are used to it, its easy and you can still have fun driving.

The louder, the better. 

When someone starts backing up towards you in a lot, and keeps coming closer and closer instead of stopping where they typically would - you are going to wish your horn was louder with every inch closer they get. 

Not advocating for everyone to get train horns, but with how quiet new cars are, older drivers with poor hearing, and younger drivers with the stereo cranked- having a loud horn is a good thing.   

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I just did the dual horn mod today but did not remove the top horn from the bracket when doing the re-installation (like shown in the video) and you know what?…"9mmbulitt" was right...I should have because the bolt which fastens the bracket to the car is hard to get at! It took me 30 minutes just to fasten that single bolt and my right hans hurts from all the contortions I had to make, but I finally got the job done and the horn now sounds much better. :thumbsup:

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:44 PM, Perblue said:

I just replaced my single horn on 2019 Edge Titanium with dual horn. All i had to do was remove left from headlight assembly which had only 2 10mm bolts and one plastic plug. I did not have to unplug the light, but just laid it aside and had full access to horn. I did have to remove one horn to install dual horn and then reattached the horn. Probably took about 30-45 minutes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...