2014 Ford Edge heat blowing cold air

SmileyinRaleigh

My 2014 Edge is blowing cold air on the passenger side and in the back while on the heat setting.  I have tried resetting the dual climate control by holding down the defrost and power buttons (defrost started blowing high), releasing both buttons and then pressing Auto.  The display did not change (no codes displayed)  and it did not solve the problem.  

Could it be the passenger side blender door actuator?  Is there just one that controls the passenger side and back air flow temperature?  

I've been searching for videos to help me replace the actuator but haven't found anything too helpful.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

5 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Try pressing the climate control button, the defrost button and the power button at the same time. then press the climate control button again and it should  reset.

I tried that multiple times and it did not work.

I did end up replacing the actuator and that fixed my issue.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Press the Defrost (button on bottom left) and Power Button (at the same time), then release, both then press just  Power Button. You won't see anything change on the screen. Yes the climate control may turn off or on, just ignore it.

Then turn Heat to HI and select Tope Vents. hope this helps