Rear washer fluid not squirting

So my wife has a 2015 and the rear washer won't squirt. Front works fine. I took the lines apart at the nozzle at the lift gate under that panel and there's two lines coming from the tank by the hinge for the hood passenger side. I shot air through the one I determined that was for the back window and it seemed fine. I had her in the car working the controls. When she activates the front wipers you can hear the pump easily and it'll shoot fluid across the driveway with the line disconnected but when the rear is activated no fluid and you cannot hear the pump. Are there two pumps in these things or a fuse I need to check or something?

This all started when she ran out of washer fluid. I put a gallon in and the back one stopped working.  Makes no sense. Thanks for your advice ?

Service Manual Operation Info:

Rear Window Washer

When the rear window washer switch is activated, the SCCM sends the request to the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly through the LIN. The driver side windshield wiper motor assembly energizes the rear washer relay (located in the BJB) and activates the rear window wiper motor. When the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly activates the rear window wash relay, voltage is provided to the washer pump, directing washer fluid to the rear window. When the switch is released, the rear window wiper motor continues to operate for 3 additional wipes and then turns off.

Ground for the washer pump is provided through the windshield washer relay within the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly.

Washer Pump

The washer pump is controlled by the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly. The front and rear washer system share the same washer reservoir and a bi-directional washer pump. The washer pump delivers washer fluid to the windshield when the ECU in the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly activates the internal windshield washer relay, which provides voltage to the washer pump. Ground for the washer pump is provided through the rear washer relay (located in the BJB). When activated, the washer pump delivers washer fluid to the windshield.

When the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly energizes the rear washer relay, the rear washer relay provides voltage to the washer pump. Ground for the washer pump is provided through the windshield washer relay (internal to the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly). When activated, the pump delivers washer fluid to the rear window.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jmr061 said:

Service Manual Operation Info:

Rear Window Washer

When the rear window washer switch is activated, the SCCM sends the request to the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly through the LIN. The driver side windshield wiper motor assembly energizes the rear washer relay (located in the BJB) and activates the rear window wiper motor. When the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly activates the rear window wash relay, voltage is provided to the washer pump, directing washer fluid to the rear window. When the switch is released, the rear window wiper motor continues to operate for 3 additional wipes and then turns off.

Ground for the washer pump is provided through the windshield washer relay within the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly.

Washer Pump

The washer pump is controlled by the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly. The front and rear washer system share the same washer reservoir and a bi-directional washer pump. The washer pump delivers washer fluid to the windshield when the ECU in the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly activates the internal windshield washer relay, which provides voltage to the washer pump. Ground for the washer pump is provided through the rear washer relay (located in the BJB). When activated, the washer pump delivers washer fluid to the windshield.

When the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly energizes the rear washer relay, the rear washer relay provides voltage to the washer pump. Ground for the washer pump is provided through the windshield washer relay (internal to the driver side windshield wiper motor assembly). When activated, the pump delivers washer fluid to the rear window.

sounds like a good place to start is replacing the rear washer relay. Thank you for the reply

Couple of things come to mind.

If its freezing where your at, there's a possibility that when your reservoir ran dry there wasn't a sufficient amount of washer antifreeze in the solution and due to the length of the run as well as being exposed to freezing temperatures, the water line froze. (I've had this happen). The test is to warm up the car, nice and warm, and if it starts working, there was water in the line.

The second possibly a clogged spray nozzle. Try a thin piece of wire to push the clog out of the way. Otherwise you'll need to pull the rear hatch trim, pull the nozzle and either blow it out or replace. 

• Thanks 1