I was wondering if anyone has a 2008 Ford Edge with memory power mirrors, and if the drivers side exterior mirror auto dims like the interior mirror. According to the the workshop manual and wiring diagram manual if the Edge has memory mirrors it should have this feature. The workshop manual says "if equiped with a LH exterior auto-dimming mirror, and the auto-dimming feature is activated". I would like to know how to activate this feature since our mirror does not auto-dim. The wiring diagram manual shows what wires go from the interior auto dimming mirror to the LH exterior mirror, and I checked our Edge and it has these wires. I included pictures of the wiring diagram. The bottom of the exterior mirror shows a BN wire and a BU-GY wire that goes from the exteior mirror to the interior auto-dimming mirror. I emailed ford but haven't received a reply.

post-4593-1224773667_thumb.jpg

post-4593-1224773776_thumb.jpg

I have 2008, with mem power mirrors.. and do not have such a feature. never even heard of it... not even sure I care if I have it BUT if I could do a little wiring to activate it, I likely would for fun. Are you sure this is not one of those MKX versus Edge differences - MKX has it but Edge does not - like the over head BAMR roof control panel light difference?

I was wondering if anyone has a 2008 Ford Edge with memory power mirrors, and if the drivers side exterior mirror auto dims like the interior mirror. According to the the workshop manual and wiring diagram manual if the Edge has memory mirrors it should have this feature. The workshop manual says "if equiped with a LH exterior auto-dimming mirror, and the auto-dimming feature is activated". I would like to know how to activate this feature since our mirror does not auto-dim. The wiring diagram manual shows what wires go from the interior auto dimming mirror to the LH exterior mirror, and I checked our Edge and it has these wires. I included pictures of the wiring diagram. The bottom of the exterior mirror shows a BN wire and a BU-GY wire that goes from the exteior mirror to the interior auto-dimming mirror. I emailed ford but haven't received a reply.

Hi er65nsunny. :D As Lex stated, the auto dimming left side rear view mirror does not seem to be an Edge feature on the 2008 model. They are powered standard and heated "if equipped". No self dimming feature, standard or optional. Only the inside rear view mirror is auto-dimming. If you check your Edge Owners Manual, you can verify this information.

While the Edge Owners Manual makes absolutely no mention at all of the drivers side mirror being auto-dimming equipped (standard or optional), the MKX Owners Manual specifically states that is is a standard feature.

The workshop manual mentions the auto dimming because it is an MKX feature, and they share the same Manual.

Even if you were to run power to your mirror, it would not work with your current setup. Your Edge exterior mirror is not electrochromic (auto-dimming). You would need to purchase and install the electrochromic mirror.

If you wished, you could probably purchase the MKX mirror, install it and rewire it electrically and to the sensors.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530