2018 Edge FordPass question

I recently purchased a used 2018 Edge Sport. I`m trying to set up remote start and lock thru Ford Pass on my Android cell phone. I downloaded the app from Google playstore .

I did the setup process and I can see my vehicle and get some data like mileage, etc. but no start, stop, and lock icons.

Can someone else with the same vehicle either confirm it does or doesn't work on my model/year ?

Wasting tons of hours on this, Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jon 1

hi from what i can tell the 18 models were built in 17 and dont feature the ford pass connect modem just the basic ford pass.

ITs a massive con when you buy the 18 model for this feature used and they dont tell you this, i think i am in the same boat as i have been researching this before mine arrives.

11 hours ago, Perblue said:

It was available as an upgrade option in 2018 but if it wasn't ordered with it there is no way to add it later. You would need to see Ford Pass Connect modem on the build sheet  otherwise you only get basic functionality.

False, it was not available at all on the Edge in 2018.  Confirmed via dealer order guide.

Also false that it can't be added.  I added it to my 16 Edge a couple years ago if not more.  It's not officially supported by Ford for upgrading but it can be done.