Bottom door hinge part number

blufish312

I bought a used Edge and the bottom hinge has one of the studs on the door side snapped off, so it makes an annoying 'pang' sound every time you open or close the door.  I'd like to replace it, but can't seem to find a part number or the item listed on Rockauto...anyone know where I might get this thing, short of going to the junkyard and stripping one off?

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Ford-6L3Z-1522886-AA-Check-Assembly/dp/B00G0LNR1W/ref=asc_df_B00G0LNR1W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312057677264&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15318553649087479824&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017027&hvtargid=pla-567816381982&psc=1

Here's an example of what I need, but Amazon shows about a dozen different Ford door checks with different part numbers.

Just to clarify, you're looking for a "door check assembly" and NOT a bottom hinge; correct ?

Can you list your 2007 Edge's model, fwd/awd, engine to help identify.

Have you considered removing the broken stud and reusing the existing door check? (You're going to have to remove it when installing a new check anyway).

Edited by enigma-2

On 4/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, enigma-2 said:

Just to clarify, you're looking for a "door check assembly" and NOT a bottom hinge; correct ?

Can you list your 2007 Edge's model, fwd/awd, engine to help identify.

Have you considered removing the broken stud and reusing the existing door check? (You're going to have to remove it when installing a new check anyway).

That's correct - the door check similar to what's pictured in the link I posted.  It's a 2007 Edge SEL AWD.  I would reuse the existing door check but I believe that the studs are part of the pressed in assembly as seen in that link, and not easily removable.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, enigma-2 said: