Gas tank volume question

_JD_

I filled up my '07 Edge today after my "low fuel" light came on. I filled up with 15.25 gallons. Wondering what exactly the fuel capacity of the car was, I glanced at the window sticker that I have in my information pack. The sticker says that I have a 19 gallon fuel tank. Is this correct? If so, why is my "fuel level low" light coming on after going through 15 gallons?

I filled up my '07 Edge today after my "low fuel" light came on. I filled up with 15.25 gallons. Wondering what exactly the fuel capacity of the car was, I glanced at the window sticker that I have in my information pack. The sticker says that I have a 19 gallon fuel tank. Is this correct? If so, why is my "fuel level low" light coming on after going through 15 gallons?

Simple - the low fuel warning comes on when you hit 50 miles to empty, which equates to roughly 2 gallons. When the gauge gets to E you still have about 2 gallons left in reserve. So putting 15 gallons in a 19 gallon tank when the warning first appears sounds right. You can set the display to show you how many miles to empty and when the low fuel warning appears just hit reset and it will go away for 10 minutes.

Simple - the low fuel warning comes on when you hit 50 miles to empty, which equates to roughly 2 gallons. When the gauge gets to E you still have about 2 gallons left in reserve. So putting 15 gallons in a 19 gallon tank when the warning first appears sounds right. You can set the display to show you how many miles to empty and when the low fuel warning appears just hit reset and it will go away for 10 minutes.

Makes sense. Thanks.

We just had the low fuel light come on at about 50 mile to E. The next day wife went to get gas. She reset the low fuel light before she left. It had drop from 50 miles to about 20 and she had only drive a couple of miles. When the tank was filled it took 18 gallons in the 20 gallon tank.