MP3 "Bad Disk" error?

beezerk

Have an '08 SEL w/ the CD/MP3 changer. Plays original and burned (.cda) 80min/700MB CD-Rs just fine.

HOWEVER, it will NOT play an MP3 CD. All I ever get is "Bad Disk" displayed after the head unit tries to initialize. This happens with 80min/700MB CD-Rs containing a single .mp3 in the root directory to multiple .mp3s in multiple sub-directories, with and without playlist files. Author software is Nero and/or Roxio's Creator Classic on 2 different XP machines. These MP3 CD play jus' fine in Alpine, Pioneer, and Sony units.

The manual is (HA!) of no help. Anyone out there with some thoughts besides a warranty punt on the stereo?

11/1 - Tried a 8x burn per some other posts - no joy. If anyone from FoMoCo scans this forum, can you tell me where the stereo specs can be found?

Edited by beezerk

• 4 weeks later...

That's an interesting problem! I have the same vehicle and have no problems playing any CD I've thrown at it. I've burned to several different types of discs as well and still no problem. That has to be an issue with the unit in the dash itself or the media you are using. Do you close the session after burning a compliation or do you leave it open to put more music on the disc later?

• 2 weeks later...
I think bezeerk is gone??

Looks like bezeerk can play CD's but can't play MP3 on a CD.

I use nero 7 to convert/burn to MP3 and don't have any trouble.

However I'm not putting MP3 on CD, just did a few to see if it worked.

I'm using a 2 gig drive in the USB.

ab

That is a way cool idea. I will have to get a big flash drive and put some music on it and try it......I have an iPod Shuffle which is unsupported by Sync. Can you use the voice activated features with the flash drive?