New airbag recall, 2009 Lincoln MKX

enigma-2

Just got a letter in the mail from Lincoln Motor Company, advising my 09 MKX is being recalled for a NEW AIRBAG recall. 

Previously, I had the PASSENGER side airbag replaced, this recall addresses the DRIVERS side (which previously Ford garage told me it was made by a different manufacturer and not part of tbe problem. But it seems that it has the same problems as the passenger side, i.e. in a crash it explodes sending shrouds of metal into your face, killing you (or merely ripping your face to shreads.) ?

No parts in stock yet, expecting inventory in 3rd quarter 2021. (Unless your car interior is "camel " on which they have to special order - they had to require the manufacturer to special make the passenger's air bag due to color, last time. Two weeks extra).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1004ron changed the title to New airbag recall, 2009 Lincoln MKX

They sent me a letter stating that replacments were in stock. Called dealer and he scheduled 6 weeks out. Asked why, and he said they only have one technician who's certified on air bags and they had to order stock. (Lincoln thinks dealers keep these in stock).

(I sort of wonder if this particular technician moves between local dealers, and is only in once a week or so).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...