I got 2 $750 bonus cash coupons

Lex Talionis

$750 cash off on purchase or lease of new 2008-2009 Ford from 10/24/08 - 1/5/09.

some exclusions like the mustang shelby GT, bullet and escape hybrid - so you can get yourself an Edge. Claims to not be transferable outside of household, but my name and address are not on it.. so not sure what that really means. US residents only. can be used with X plan, but not A, Z, D. can be added "onto any other offer available to the public" - which would be things like current rebates, this can also be use also. you can see those by clicking here

I asked about these back when I went to buy my Ford in Jan and had no luck, now I have 2. Maybe 2 people here about to buy an Edge can use them? only serious buyers and not 'maybe' buyers. I will decide. PM me.

UPDATE: 1 left, 1 spoken for already... and I charged $749 for it :P - saved the dude $1

Edited by Lex Talionis

$750 cash off on purchase or lease of new 2008-2009 Ford from 10/24/08 - 1/5/09.

some exclusions like the mustang shelby GT, bullet and escape hybrid - so you can get yourself an Edge. Claims to not be transferable outside of household, but my name and address are not on it.. so not sure what that really means. US residents only. can be used with X plan, but not A, Z, D. can be added "onto any other offer available to the public" - which would be things like current rebates, this can also be use also. you can see those by clicking here

I asked about these back when I went to buy my Ford in Jan and had no luck, now I have 2. Maybe 2 people here about to buy an Edge can use them? only serious buyers and not 'maybe' buyers. I will decide.

I take it you are selling these? Another "anything for a buck" Lex promo? :-) If your posts weren't so good, I'd go after you harder, but if you are selling, I guess it is o.k. because as a whole, your forum contributions are quite good.

I don't know what his plans for disposition are but I gotta tell you, I HONESTLY believed they were free to a person who would use it. If they were for sale, why would he vet true buyers or not?

Either way, they're his to do with as he pleases I presume...

Edited by DJ Starr

whom ever said ANYTHING about selling them? :doh:

I merely posted it here as it seemed the most logical place... where else was I suppose to post them??

I was offering them freely... maybe you misunderstood... did you think "only serious buyers and not 'maybe' buyers" meant relative to buying these from me? ha ha ha ha ha :shrug:

that was meant relative to only those serious about BUYING A FORD!!! I do not want give them to someone 'maybe' buying a Ford, I want someone who IS buying a Ford to get them.

I take it you are selling these?

no.. they are free.. trying to help someone who does not get the Ford ads in the mail, but whom wants a Ford (like I was back in Jan) get a little break... jeezz

Another "anything for a buck" Lex promo? :-)

ahh yes... I think I recall you tried to dog me about selling something I paid for that came with my car because somehow since it came with the car it was wrong of me to turn around and sell the parts I removed because "I got it for free", despite paying 30k to own it. I say then what I say now, I hope the guy selling his upgraded and no longer needed wheels, rims, navi system, springs, exhaust, amp, speakers gets the same grief! :)

If your posts weren't so good, I'd go after you harder, but if you are selling, I guess it is o.k. because as a whole, your forum contributions are quite good.

thanks... I feel slapped and patted on the back all in 1 post :)

no.. they are free.. trying to help someone who does not get the Ford ads in the mail, but whom wants a Ford (like I was back in Jan) get a little break... jeezz

ahh yes... I think I recall you tried to dog me about selling something I paid for that came with my car because somehow since it came with the car it was wrong of me to turn around and sell the parts I removed because "I got it for free", despite paying 30k to own it. I say then what I say now, I hope the guy selling his upgraded and no longer needed wheels, rims, navi system, springs, exhaust, amp, speakers gets the same grief! :)

thanks... I feel slapped and patted on the back all in 1 post :)

That was fun...:-)

yeah, as I quoted above, it mentions something to that effect on the back in fine print but has no name or local (like California only) signifier on it so not exactly sure how - and if - they check. Maybe by the VINCENT program#

Also, in these times, Ford especially with their abysmal recent reports, might be damn happy to sell or lease that car with with the extra $750 off.

But hey, I am giving them free and so worth the shot to try.. if I can help a guy get an unexpected $750 off... I have done my yearly good deed

yeah, as I quoted above, it mentions something to that effect on the back in fine print but has no name or local (like California only) signifier on it so not exactly sure how - and if - they check. Maybe by the VINCENT program#

Also, in these times, Ford especially with their abysmal recent reports, might be damn happy to sell or lease that car with with the extra $750 off.

But hey, I am giving them free and so worth the shot to try.. if I can help a guy get an unexpected $750 off... I have done my yearly good deed

I believe they put your name and address in the VINCENT system when they send you the coupon. Then the dealer puts your info and the vehicle VIN in VINCENT and it tells the dealer the rebates that are available. At least that's what my dealer told me.

I thought that the VINCENT # was just a generic reference number that allows the dealer to look up the details of the offer, but in no way ties it to a person. That was my understanding.

Anyway, I do notice on the remaining cash rebate I have, it says FOR YOUR FRIEND... I wonder if the other said the same thing as I already sent it out. Since they know I am a new Ford owner, I can't possible believe that 6 months later they would be expecting ME to buy another car from them and try to entice me with $750... I already made my purchase so seems kind of illogical they would try to get me to buy again and so soon..

I thought that the VINCENT # was just a generic reference number that allows the dealer to look up the details of the offer, but in no way ties it to a person. That was my understanding.

Anyway, I do notice on the remaining cash rebate I have, it says FOR YOUR FRIEND... I wonder if the other said the same thing as I already sent it out. Since they know I am a new Ford owner, I can't possible believe that 6 months later they would be expecting ME to buy another car from them and try to entice me with $750... I already made my purchase so seems kind of illogical they would try to get me to buy again and so soon..

Most households have multiple vehicles and some of them do buy more than one new vehicle in the same year. But more than likely they don't check your purchase history and simply send the offers to whoever is in the database.

Since rebates are specific to the purchaser (individual offers, local offers by zip code, etc.) and the vehicle (VIN#) the dealer simply puts your info and the VIN # into the system and it tells the dealer which offers are applicable to that purchaser and vehicle specifically, and that's what the dealer is allowed to submit.